Aviv J. Sharon
Weizmann Institute of Science 2012 —
- M.Sc. candidate, Life Sciences.
Technion – Israel Institute of Technology 2008 — 2012
- B.Sc. Biology (cum laude, 2011),
B.Sc.Ed. Science Education (summa cum laude, 2012).
- Led committee representing >250 students in the Faculty of Biology. Served on the board of the Technion Student Association, a non-profit representing and providing services to >8,000 students..
Ironi Hey High School, Haifa Science Teacher • 2011 — 2012
- Taught biotechnology and biology to 10th- & 11th-graders, focusing on topics such as industrial microbiology, biochemistry, cell biology and ecology.
- Completed required internship and obtained license to teach Biology in secondary schools in Israel (Israel Ministry of Education, 2012).
Wildfire Games Website Development & PR Contributor • 2009 —
- Pitched free, open-source game 0 A.D. to gaming and Linux fansites. Wrote and distributed press releases, handled media requests and public inquiries.
- Maintained social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and IndieDB).
IDF Spokesperson's Unit Media Analyst • 2005 — 2008
- Analyzed the IDF's portrayal in Israeli and international media. Monitored portrayal on Web 2.0 out of own initiative, as well.
- Recieved two certificates: IDF Spokesperson's Certificate of Excellence, May 2008; IDF Spokesperson's Certificate of Creative Thinking, September 2006.
- Native level: Hebrew, English
- Intermediate level: Arabic, Spanish
- Biology, biotechnology, science communication, science education, free software and culture, web and UI design, games and more.